Legatum Foundry Fellowship
The Legatum Center at MIT presents the Foundry Fellowship, a first-of-its-kind leadership program for Africa-based founders who have scaled innovation-driven companies and find themselves at an inflection point in their entrepreneurial journey. The Foundry is a place where Fellows consider their present and future leadership roles as entrepreneurs, investors, and thought leaders building entrepreneurship and innovation led ecosystems.
Launching in 2021, the Foundry Fellowship will bring together leaders who have demonstrated a commitment to bringing about change through entrepreneurship and are ready to build the leadership skills to carry them into the next phase of their entrepreneurial journey.
The Fellowship is open to entrepreneurs from Africa who have founded and scaled for-profit innovation-driven companies on the African continent, with a preference for entrepreneurs operating in Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, and Uganda.
Program details are available at https://legatum.mit.edu/foundry-fellowship/.
The Foundry Fellowship application deadline is June 17, 2021 at 11:59 PM EDT.
The Legatum Center invites candidates who meet the following criteria to apply:
- Have founded and scaled for-profit innovation-driven companies* on the African continent, with a preference for founders of companies with operations in Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, and Uganda;
- Applicants who have founded and scaled a company outside of Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, or Uganda should have a demonstrated interest in supporting economic growth in the market(s) of at least one of the aforementioned seven countries;
- Have a demonstrated interest in supporting entrepreneurship ecosystems on the African continent;
- Are at an inflection point in their entrepreneurial journey and are considering the next phase;
- Are prepared to dedicate time and space for their own self-discovery and leadership development to achieve the next milestone;
- Are able to participate in regular online sessions and cohort activities, from September 2021 through March 2022 (note: additional time is required for readings and exercises); and,
- Are able to commit to a three-week in-person session in April 2022.
- Founders from the same company may apply, but each founder must complete a unique application. Each founder will be considered independent of a co-founder.
- MIT alumni and current degree candidates are welcome to apply.
*Innovation-driven companies are based on a technology or process innovation that allows them to scale across regional and global markets.